Monday, November 18, 2013

Monday: November 18, 2013

You would think being away from work you wouldn't know the difference in the weekdays and weekends. Well with their scheduling here at CHKD you know the difference. It was defiantly a Monday! I love the fact they schedule everything and Cooper is expected to stick to it! If it's PT time and he's tired, too bad, they make him work. Which is actually the best for him.

He had all three therapies this morning and a great lunch. They fitted him for his "standard" which is basically a stand up wheel chair. The only one they had was pink, but we needed one so we are happy to have it! I did have a few people tell my daughter was beautiful! We will have some funny stories to tell Cooper one day.

This afternoon we had "rounds." This is where we are able to meet with all the doctors, therapists, a few nurses, and so on to discuss his progress and go over his weekly goals. The results from the eye test came back. The test showed that there is no vision in his right eye. This was very hard to take. They are going to look at the MRI to see if this is because the 3rd nerve was actually damaged during surgery (this would mean that eye blindness would be permanent) or if it's not able to function due to pressure and/or swelling (this could be temporary). Please keep praying.

We had a fun afternoon. Cooper got to go outside in his standard and loved it! I love seeing him smile, that's what gets me through the day.

Cooper was NOT a fan of OT today until Miss Kristin discovered the swing!!!



Even tummy time was fun today.


Here is Cooper's new standard, he is so happy in it. This is also Mommy's Fav of the Day: look at that precious face!



The Christmas Tree was put into place today: beautiful.


I think CHKD is such a beautiful hospital. They are still in the process of remodeling the front.

6 comments:

  1. Awwe such a beautiful place!!! So happy that it is so great for all of you; especially for you troopercooper because you are doing such a great job and working so hard!! (mommy and daddy too).. I am also thankful for each one that works with him each day; for the Good Lord watching over all of you and giving you the strength you need to carry on. Praying for his vision to be temporary; that has to be so difficult.. As you say; his smiles gets you all through the day. Great smiles from all of you!!! Lots of Love, thoughts and prayers..

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are going to pray that the problem with Cooper's vision in his eye is from all the swelling. He would make a pretty little girl though! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I was reading this the song My Chains Are Gone by Chris Tomlin..the part that says " I once was blind but now I see...Oh how I pray that God was healing little Cooper's sight at that time. Keep the faith lots of people are praying for your precious little one and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I praise God for the "standard" Cooper has received. I praise God for that wonderful smile he has!! I praise God for his wonderful, amazing, and loving parents!, I praise God for the nurses, doctors and the hospital Cooper has been entrusted to, I praise God for the butterfly garden. I pray for Cooper's vision. The tumors, treatment, medication, radiation can all do things to the nerves, but Gods healing hands will direct the doctors and nurses to do everything possible to this little trooper. Cooper is being prayed for and he and you are surrounded by angels!! You show the light of Christ in the way you live daily. You are an encouragement to others!! I praise God for being introduced to you. You and your family have been melted into my heart!! with so much love in our wonderful awesome Savior Jesus Christ, Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you all and still praying for Cooper. He has touched hearts everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every Tues. morning at 9 we have community prayer at Grand Strand Community Church and today I gave an update about your brave little Cooper. I know our precious Lord is working His healing power for Cooper and wrapping His loving arms around the three of you. Keep the faith. Much love goes out to you.

    ReplyDelete