Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Wednesday: November 6, 2013

I have so many positives to share with everyone. We had an awesome day. The first picture is actually from last night. It was late, but I got half an hour of cuddle time with my boy. Mommy and Daddy each were able to get another hour of cuddle time in with Cooper today.

Cooper woke up before us. Daddy was playing with him while I was getting up. When I walked over to his bed and he saw me, his eye lit up and he smiled from ear to ear. Made my heart melt.

He had a very busy day. He played with his iPad, he loved pressing the buttons and making it light up. He was aloud to have some tummy time which he loved. He fell asleep and slept for 2 hours!

Cooper amazed his physical therapist. When she first sat him up he could not hold his head up alone. She worked with him for only a short while and then he was able to support his own head. Then within minutes he was sitting alone! A picture below shows him holding his sippy while sitting up alone.

We all took 3 laps around the PICU in the red wagon, which he enjoyed. Had we gone only a few more laps he would have been sound asleep! Cooper enjoyed a Cherry Tootsie Pop. We were able to give him a bath and put a shirt on him!!! It's so nice seeing him in clothes! However, we do miss that wild hairdo!

Around dinner time we decided to try some green beans in his food paci. He liked them so much we moved on to sweet potatoes, squash, and pears. He was still hungry. So, he ate 2 containers of applesauce and one cup of milk! My chunky monkey :-)

The last picture shows him relaxing in bed.

Thinking about all he has accomplished today and seeing the amount I just put into writing reassures me he is going to be just fine. He is such a strong little man. He still has a long ways to go and we are still battling several issues, but days like today remind me that God does have a plan for our Trooper Cooper and it will all be okay!


 

 

 
 
 
 
 

16 comments:

  1. PRAISE GOD!!! What a terrific day...so much progress was made. I'm not surprised because I have always known what an exceptional little boy you have! I'm praying for many more great days! You are going to be chasing him around in no time. Tell Randy he needs to go ahead and start planning some of those father/son outings! God is good all of the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so so great!! Glad to hear he had such a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so great to hear about Cooper's progress! Janna and Jonah were so excited to see the picture of him playing on his 'iPad' they sent for him. We are praying for you all. Can't wait to hear what great things he accomplishes next. Love & prayers from the Williams family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to see and hear about him doing so well!!! And that his appetite is so good! What a wonderful little boy you have and what a wonderful family he has.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots and lots of prayers to you from all the teachers at NEMS. I am so glad for all the progress today. I pray you have strength, peace, and patience as God leads you in this journey. You have a handsome little man!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is all wonderful news! He made tons of progress today. Prayer is powerful. I love seeing all the great pictures of him. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What awesome progress Cooper the Trooper has shown today!! I truly believe in the great power of prayer and our Master Physician is the ultimate healer!!! He has a lot of plans for Coopers life!!! I'm so happy for you and Randy!! Thank you for sharing this trial in your lives with us. I hope to see more pictures and awesome updates tomorrow!!! God bless you!!! Still here praying daily for you all from the big ol town of Rich Creek!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, Love! Thank you for sharing great news. Keep up the faith. God is Great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so wonderful; absolutely wonderful!! Thank you Lord.. Hugs and prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello. My name is Julie Welfel. I used to sort of babysit Randy when he was 10. I just heard about your little boy. Could you give Randy a hug for me and all of you are in my thoughts and prayers. He's such a precious baby!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praise the Lord! He has made such quick progress. That is a great sign! One day you will look back as ask yourself how you endured this trying time in your life. You know the answer. God is always with you and showing the love and support of your friend and family. We live in a great part of the world with wonderful people. Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great news! So glad to see him perking up! Keeping you in our prayers.
    -family of Isabel king

    ReplyDelete
  13. So happy that Cooper continues improving. Each day will be better than the next. Tony wants to come back and visit. He just ask me yesterday when we could go back. I've spread the word at my office about Cooper and many are keeping up with his blog and also adding him to their church's prayer chain. The healing hands of the good Lord are wrapped tightly around little Cooper. He's so adorable can't wait to see him again!

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  14. He is such a cutie patootie!
    Prayer & Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Violet and I are sending Great Thoughts and Prayers your Way ~

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're all continually in my thoughts and prayers...Love hearing positive news!

    ReplyDelete