Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Tuesday: November 19, 2013

Another busy day that started early! Cooper's therapies got switched around and that caused little confusion but he participated very well. He was added "education" to schedule but missed it today because he decided to sleep. Not the behavior a teacher expects from her child!!!

We will no longer be taping his right eye to allow light to reach it due to the confirmed report that Cooper can not see out of it. He is also not able to lift the lid himself. This news was very hard to take, but at the same time our boy seems to be much happier when we leave the right eye alone and he uses only his left one. He seems to be coping very well.

Cooper has a CT scan scheduled for 7 in the morning to check the fluid around his incision. We know it hasn't gone down any and feel it has actually gotten worse. The doctor said it does "look" bad, but actually, for the moment, he isn't in any danger because the fluid is between the skull and skin. However, we do need to compare tomorrow's CT results with the one Roanoke did on November 10. After comparing the two, the doctors will decide the next step.

I must apologize for not adding pictures. I know I'm letting many of you down. For some reason I'm unable to upload at this point. I promise I (well probably Randy) will work to fix this problem. I will catch everyone up with the pictures from today once I'm able. Since everyone seems to love his pics, here are some of my favorites I had saved on my computer. These were taken this summer.









I've received many texts, e-mails, and Facebook messages letting me know of all who are praying. Please know how important this is to the three of us. It reminds us everyday of all who cares for our little trooper!

6 comments:

  1. I can look at the same picture of Cooper over and over, and it always fills my heart with joy the same as it did the first time I saw it. There are more prayers going out for Cooper. you and Randy than you all will ever begin to realize. As bad as this world is, there are still many good - caring Christian people out there. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Letting us down?" Seriously? Do not go there Jessica...You guys are an inspiration to many people and our thoughts and prayers continue to be sent for you and "Trooper Cooper".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers still being said for this trying time to pass and the Lord lay his healing hand on you all. Thanks for the posts!!
    Hugs
    Viginia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love ALL the pictures and it doesn't matter if they are from today, yesterday, or when he was born. They are all precious. I'm sure everyone is more interested in how Cooper, you and Randy are doing. The pictures are just an added extra. We love you guys and support you all we can from here. I think I slept through Education too! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all pictures you post but I teared up at the thought of you thinking you are failing anyone!! So sorry to hear the loss of sight confirmed, but looking on the bright side, as I tend to, at least he is young and will adapt to this probably as well as he has to all these other challenges. We don't post a comment everyday but know you all are always in our thoughts and prayers, and we look at your blog daily hoping for good news.
    Family of Isabel king

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the pictures....Continue prayers for your sweet little boy and of course all the family.Cooper is Loved by many.He is such a precious little boy.Keep on Keeping on Cooper !

    ReplyDelete