Monday, November 4, 2013

Monday: November 4, 2013

Last night was very challenging. Cooper's sodium level dropped again and they had to try new medicines. We have been battling this all day. The nurses check his level every 3 hours and it takes about an hour for the results. So every 4 hours we are running to the nurses' station to hear the results. His level need to be between 135 and 145. They told us if it makes it to 130 they would be happy. Yesterday it gradually climbed to 124. Then, right before bed it dropped to 118. Had he not been sedated he would have experienced another seizure. After switching his medicine, his level reached 128, but his last test showed 125. We were almost there! They increased his medicine again.

8:00 p.m. Just got sodium level results - 126!!! We are getting there:-)

His blood transfusion went well. Thank goodness for those who donate!

Today was fun day with our boy.  He opened his eyes, reached for my hand, and held it tight. What an amazing feeling. I read his favorite book "Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You" and he held the corner of the book and felt each page. He also held Sophie, his giraffe, and squeaked her. He liked it when we clapped for him. It was so nice being able to enjoy our boy. We were able to see a litt

Cooper showed us, once again, what a fighter he is. Please keep the prayers coming.



12 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you were able to see that wonderful personality of Cooper's begin to shine through today! I adore the Sophie picture. I know how much he loves that giraffe! I am praying tonight for his sodium levels to be where they need to be, for him to have a comfortable night, and for you and Randy to have a restful night. I continue to pray for your strength, comfort, and peace and for his medical team to have the knowledge, skills, and compassion they need!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ever since Jessica and Paul shared Cooper's story with us he has been in our thoughts and prayers. We know God can heal and we pray every day is a day closer to Cooper being well and home soon.
    ~Tom & Karen Gordon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope Cooper is doing some better tonight. Myself and all my family and friends will send up a prayer for lil Cooper.
    -
    Mike Crabtree

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica just saw this about Cooper. So sorry. We just talked about him being sick when you had your infusion. All of us at Giles hospital will be praying. If you need anything let us know. Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jessica and Randy I am so sorry to hear about little Cooper. I can't imagine what you both must be.going through. It is amazing what we see such a little person go through and come out on top. I will continue praying for all of you if there is anything that I can do to help in anyway just say the word.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending prayers for your little one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If Jerry can do anything at the house for you let Sheila know.She has our number. Prayers sent up everyday. Thanks for posting these. We do like to keep in contact.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jessica, you guys are awesome and Cooper is quite the trooper! With all your strengths, he is going to come out of this shinning like a new penny. Please know you all are in our daily thoughts/prayers....Judy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jessica,
    I believe I was there when Mr Cooper made his grand appearance to the world! I was forwarded this link by Mitch, I am now the High School nurse. It looks like you have an army here supporting you and I just want you to know, that I am right along with them!! If you need anything at all I am here please let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We Rileys are praying for Cooper and your family, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  11. He is a Big Trooper! Love you guys and we just keep the prayers coming!!!

    ReplyDelete