Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Tuesday: November 26, 2013
 
Day 30 in the Hospital
 
Cooper's brain surgery was one month ago today!
 
Cooper woke up in a great mood today. We played and ate breakfast. He had speech therapy first. They evaluated him and came to the conclusion that he doesn't qualify for speech therapy because he falls in the 12-15 month category. That's good news, but Mommy would love for him to receive the services because he is still behind from where he was prior to surgery. However, insurance won't allow it.
 
Occupational therapy came in for a short while and worked with him. Then physical therapy worked with him after that. He walked (holding Melinda's hands) all round the unit. He has come such a long way.
 
I tried to keep him awake until lunch. Didn't work. He was so tired. He feel asleep and slept through lunch and almost into dinner. We played and laughed a lot this afternoon. Daddy made it back and they both were happy to see each other.
 
Cooper is scheduled for another MRI in the morning at 7:15. They will also remove his stiches (yay!!!) and drain his fluid for a third time. He has surgery scheduled next Wednesday for this central line. They had to give Cooper an IV tonight. One nurse held him while another nurse put in the IV. I held his hand and sang to him. The hardest part of all this is when your baby looks you in the eye begging for you to comfort him, to take away his pain, to make everything all better, and there is nothing you can do. But then, I reminded of how lucky we are. The picture below is of my new friend, Brittany. Her little girl also needs prayers. She is struggling with her weight. They have done test after test and can't get answers. We are so lucky to know what Cooper has and what steps we need to do to make it as good as we possibly can for him. Madison, the little girl, has no answers. I can't imagine what it's like for them each day. So, I'm asking that each of you reading Cooper's blog to take a moment to say prayer for a very special family that we have become close to. Please pray for little Madison!
 
Cooper and Mommy's new friends - A very special family!
 
 
This was a challenge but we did it! Each year I wanted Cooper to make a Thanksgiving Day shirt. Last year's turned out adorable. This year, well let's just say Cooper did a lot on his own! It's suppose to be a turkey made out of his handprints and footprint. The foot looks good!
 

 
Cooper's Fall wreath he made with Mommy
 


We are lucky to have Cooper's babysitter stay at our house. She moved in the day we came to the hospital. She takes care of our house, the mail, and our baby - Harley. She even decorated our house for Christmas. Thanks Morgan!

The upstairs Christmas Tree
 
 The downstairs Christmas Tree with our other baby Harley. Can't wait to get to see her again. I'm sure Harley and Cooper miss each other.

8 comments:

  1. I love Cooper's Thanksgiving shirt! He will look so handsome in it. I'm so glad you have Morgan taking care of everything at home. The trees look great and Harley is as precious as ever. Please let Madison's family know that I am praying for them just like I am praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are very blessed to know you guys...you all truly mean so much to us...I hated leaving you guys...but we will definitely visit...thank you for the prayers...we still struggling for answers..bryson and I pray for you all each night...and IM thankful that we have became close...we love you guys...and miss you more than you know...please keep in touch and don't forget us...you mean slot to the Sulloway crew..let me know if we can do anything for you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cooper is a true Trooper! I totally enjoyed the past couple of days with all of you and it was so good to hold my little man and to be able to have so much fun with him. Cooper is a strong little guy and he is in God's hands. We couldn't ask for any more. It was bitter-sweet to see Madison go home. She's a very special little girl from a very special family and my prayers are with all of the Sulloway family. My prayers are always with my Little Cooper, his mommy and daddy and each and everyone affected by any similar situation. Our babies are innocent and do not deserve any of this. Be strong Cooper, Madison and all others. Thoughts and prayers are with all of you. Cooper Jewell...Maw Maw loves you and Madison, you're special too, and I love you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And Morgan, the house looks very nice. That was so thoughtful and hopefully they will be home for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Trooper Cooper what amazing progress walking all around the unit.. So proud of you!! I am so very glad Daddy got back so soon to you and Mommy. You can tell Harley misses you guys too!! It is wonderful to have Morgan to take care of your home and do such a great job decoratibg for your guys.. I will pray for Little Madison and her family; such goodness comes from people you meet in life.. Wishing you all A Happy Thanksgiving and prayers continued each day.. Love the shirt Cooper!!! Love you all..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Continued prayers for Cooper and prayers for Madison too. I think Cooper's shirt is adorable!! I hope the central line makes things easier. Praying for peace for you during al these procedures. It is one of the worst experiences to have your very young child being poked and prodded for reasons they don't understand while you have to stand by and try to reassure them. Been there to a way lesser degree with both my kids and my heart goes out to you. On a brighter note, how fortunate you are for Morgan, your house looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the shirt and the wreath. I'm so glad my friend and Co-worker Amy and her husband Charlie got to meet you all. She shared news from her visit with me this morning. I'm praying for Cooper and Madison continually. TJ and I are definitely going to try and get to Roanoke for a visit. May God be with you all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Madison and Cooper we are praying for you and for your mommy and daddy! Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and we send a heartfelt Happy Thanksgiving and remember our Lord is right there with you every step. Love you guys, Bill & Renee

    ReplyDelete