Friday, December 13, 2013

Friday: December 13, 2013

First Chemo treatment on Friday the 13th! Were we worried, no! We found out we were pregnant with Cooper on Friday the 13th and I felt him move for the first time during pregnancy on Friday the 13th! We consider it our lucky day!

Cooper's first round of Chemo went fine. They told us they would be in around 1 to start, but we actually didn't get started until 3:30. This worked out great because it allowed him to finish his nap. It lasted until 5, which was dinner time. So as soon as they unhooked him we had our dinner. He was in the best mood during the entire thing. Mommy and Daddy are both very proud of our little man!

Cooper thought Miss Kristen's (OT) story was so boring!


 
Cooper got this monster in the mail today and loved it. We used it to settle him down before PT today!
 


 
Cooper and his new friend Rylea. She loved him! They had lunch together and played for a long time afterwards. 

 
I told you he loved this monster. He fell asleep with it in his mouth!
 


 
Napping before Chemo
 


 
First round of Chemo begins - and there's that monster again!
 


 
Reading Mr. Brown, Cooper's favorite
 


 
Cooper decided it would be fun to play with his cord during Chemo so we had to put a "no no" on his arm. Did that stop him from playing? No. Here he is playing with his iPad.
 


 
Cooper is very proud of his tongue!
 

 
Tonight we took Cooper to the lobby without his stander. He was able to play with the fish and loved it! We were there for about an hour.


 



No question about it, this is Mommy's Fav of the Day: Cooper and his cup! He looks so grown up in this picture.
 


8 comments:

  1. I'm so glad his 1st chemo treatment is now behind him and that it went well! It looks like he had a pretty good day. I'd love to see him playing with the fish. I know he is fascinated....I would be too! I am so thankful that you all are in this wonderful facility. And I will be even more thankful when you are home! Praying that Cooper's progress continues at this amazing pace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that Cooper did well today. Prayers that it continues to be that way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear that today was a good day and that Chemo went well. So far it doesn't look as though it really bothered him. I pray all treatments go well. Cooper seems to always find "girls" for his friends. I think he may be a ladies man. She's a cutie. Hope all have a great night and may each tomorrow get better and better. Love, Hugs & Prayers

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad he is doing so well. Love seeing the pics and is precious little smile. In my prayers :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so thankful that his first Chemo went good and thankful to God for all the progress Cooper has made.. I am thankful that he is with you ALL through this and I know he will continue to carry you on.. I liked the lil' monster as well troopercooper and we love you..Love and continued prayers from Hunter and me..Love all the pic's each day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to see everything is going good and everyday is better than the day before! I can't wait for the updates each day......and love all the pics!!! It is truly amazing how God has took such wonderful care of Cooper! You all will never know how much you are missed and loved by all..........!!!! Tell Cooper I can't believe that he traded his duck for a monster?!? He is looking great! Keep up the good work! Love you all and are in my prayers daily!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so thankful for the progress that Cooper is making!! There is such an amazing improvement in him from the beginning! God is wonderful!! Keeping Cooper and all of you in my prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad things went well with chemo. Love seeing the pictures and hearing his wonderful progress. LOVE Randy's shirt in the picture of Cooper playing with the fish!

    ReplyDelete