Friday, December 27, 2013

Friday: December 27, 2013

Cooper had a pretty rough day today. He was unable to work through his therapies due to him being so upset and sleepy. His doctor ordered a CT Scan. The only thing it showed was that Cooper had some sinusitis on his left side. They are going to start him on an antibiotic for a few days to see if it will help. His blood work showed that his nutrition levels were good but he is slightly anemic. This is normal due to his Chemo, we will have to keep a regular check on it. Cooper received 12 hours of IV fluids today to better prepare him for his Chemo treatment. He slept through Chemo and most of the day. We were able to get him to take a few bites of apple sauce for dinner. The nurses found a car in the closet and Cooper loved it. It is now parked in our room.

We met with the doctor today and it looks like we will be discharged January 17. The closest therapy we could find is in Roanoke, so the next step is to see if we can get a therapy and chemo schedule worked out. We got some upsetting news today. We were told that Cooper will probably always had to wear his AFO (shoe) for walking and will probably never have the use of his left hand. Randy and I have reminded ourselves that one of the doctors here told us he would never open his eye and Cooper proved him wrong! We know God is in control. We pray every night for him to watch over our precious baby and he is!

Driving his new car




Mommy's Fav of the Day: How do you sleep with your arm wrapped around your foot like that?
 



Each night we venture through each floor of the hospital. The 5th Floor is our favorite because of the awesome hallway. Can you see the incline? Cooper loves it! We tend to go FAST for him!
 

 
Look at me...I'm so fast!


Making music with the triangle.
 



This afternoon Cooper only wanted Mommy Loving! He was so sweet and let me love all over him! And of course I loved it!
 





Cooper modeling his new PJ's. I love penguins!
 


And here is the back view! Too cute!
 



5 comments:

  1. I love Cooper's new car and his new PJ's. Those PJ's are too cute. I hope he doesn't get sick from his chemo. Poor little guy is going through so much, yet he really is true trooper! Hopefully his therapies and chemo treatments will work out when you all get home. And I pray that Cooper will once again prove the doctors wrong. Yes, God is in control and God is Great! Love, Hugs & Prayers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am praying that Cooper doesn't get sick from the Chemo.. Bless his heart; love him!! I like your new car troopercooper and your penguin pj's..So sweet mommy giving you all them kisses and hugs; and daddy strolling with you while you were driving your new car..I am praying and believing Cooper will prove the doctor's wrong about his left arm and foot; just like he did about opening his eye.. Yes, God is in control!! Hoping and praying for al of youl to have a good night and a good weekend.. Love and prayers to all from me and Hunter..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jessica, I have been praying for Cooper and the two of you!! I know the doctors have to make their prognosis; but, all things are possible through God our Father when we put our faith in Him through our precious Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! I have seen you, your husband and Cooper doing that every day. Continue to do this, all three of you are so strong. I have so fallen in love with your family. I tell everyone I know and everyone I meet about you. I know that God gives us strength, comfort, love, peace, joy, protection, and all good things when we lean on Him and ask Him. I believe this. I am a survivor of a malignant brain stem tumor. Our wonderful amazing Heavenly Father takes care of us on a daily basis!! Thank you for your daily information, updates and wonderful pictures. I will need a new address, because I wanted to send Cooper something for Christmas, but I did not have the funds to do so. I am a proud mother of 8 children and 14 grandchildren. One day I would like to send something to Cooper. I have adopted him as a heart child. Thank you for the wonderful gift! I hope this is alright with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless his heart..you guys are in my prayers always .

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also wanted to share with you that I was told Amanda would never walk without her AFO's , braces, an a walker,but she did and hasn't wore her afo since about 5 years of age. She also had trouble using the right side of her body,(arm-leg), but over came that too..GOD has control of what we don't..never loose hope :)

    ReplyDelete