Thursday, December 5, 2013

Thursday: December 5, 2013

Well we can scratch what we said about Cooper's pain medication. Cooper woke up at midnight in a screaming fit. We gave him some medicine that helped him until 4 a.m. Between 12 and 4 he tossed, turn, and moaned. Needless to say he didn't rest well. However, he does have 4 molars and another bottom tooth coming in. Poor thing!  He wouldn't eat breakfast and didn't want to drink much. He had his OT shortly after breakfast then was back asleep at 11. He slept until almost 2, then woke very fussy. He refused to eat or drink and acted as though he just wanted to sleep. We gave him something to help him rest and he slept until around 5. Then, we were able to enjoy a wonderful afternoon as a happy family. We visited the lobby and floors 2 and 9 this afternoon.
 
Cooper working hard during OT.


 
This was so funny, Cooper "found" his left arm and played with it forever!



The Beautiful Christmas Tree
 


Cooper tried forever to get this ornament off the tree.
 




 
Finally, success!!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow trooper cooper got the ornament; that's what happens when we don't give up.. Love that little eye open Jessica; I know words can't express how that makes you and Randy feel.. WOW he is looking so good and God does answer prayers.. Sorry he didn't feel so good today; hope tomorrow will be better.. Love and prayers from me and Weis.. xoxoxox to Cooper.. Rest well Cooper, mommy and daddy..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to see that Cooper's eye is opening. Praise God for that. I am always thinking about you all and keeping up with how Cooper continues improving. He is such a sweet precious little boy and I am so sorry that he has so much to have to go through. I know from experience that it is very difficult for mommy and daddy too. Jessica you and your husband are great parents and I will continue to pray for you all. I also pray for his grandparents because it is hard for them also. Cooper has definitely taken a special place in many people's heart. I'm not sure that Tony and I will get back up there to see you all before you leave again for Norfolk. Just know we will be thinking of you if we don't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Cooper really looks fabulous on these photos! I love the photo of the three of you. I am sure this is difficult for all of you. Keep the faith.

    One of my favorite lines from the Bible...Jeremiah 29:11
    New International Version (NIV)
    For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

    ReplyDelete