Sunday, December 1, 2013

Sunday: December 1, 2013

With the help of pain medicine, Cooper was able to sleep through the night. Mommy and Daddy were up with the nurse most of the night because his port kept clogging up. They actually think it's due to it having to curve around and that it's getting a kink in it. This causing the fluids to be unable to push their way through. We have been fighting this all day as well. They changed out the needle today and I couldn't believe the size of it, and to think he is going to have to be stuck with one every week for at least a year and a half. I know it's done everyday, but that doesn't make it any easier. Every time we tried to get him up today and screamed. We knew it was from pain, so with his medicines he was able to sleep most of the day. Below are few pictures I was able to get throughout the day.

I got Thanksgiving Day cards from my students. We sat down and read every one out loud. I also received posters and homemade gifts from them. What a great group of kids. I sure do miss them!

 
 Cooper resting with his Pup Pup, Harley!
 
 
This is what Cooper thinks about sitting up! Love that face!

                            

Cooper received this Duck basket from a very special couple. In these pictures he is pointing to it and say "duck" over and over. Love it!
 

2 comments:

  1. poor little guy...I hate the port isn't doing what it's suppose to...we pray really hard that you will have better days here soon...it hurts me to see him in pain but IM glad he able to rest...poor mommy and daddy...we put you on prayer list at church..and are thinking about you constantly...we love you guys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica, the cards and gifts from your students are really nice.. I bet they really miss you too!!
    I do believe in time the port will start to function properly. Hunter has a friend Drew Bashlor that went through a similar medical experience some time ago with a shunt placement. At first it seem to be complicated but then got better, so I pray this willl be the case for Cooper as well. Love the pic's troopercooper; you are so brave and I hope you feel better real soon. Hope and pray for you all to rest well tonight and have a better day tomorrow.. Love and prayers from me and Hunter..

    ReplyDelete