Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year

Wednesday: January 1, 2014

I remember when I first started Cooper's blog and I put 2013 at the end of the date and I thought to myself, "why am I doing this, we still have lots of days left in 2013." And, here I am tonight typing 2014!

Cooper slept pretty good until about 5 this morning. Then he and I slept in the chair for a couple of hours before getting up for the day. Which, didn't last long until he was back asleep. He slept until 11, then we woke him up because we worried about him sleeping all day. We went for a walk and then decided to head to the gym to swing. We weren't down there 5 minutes before he started throwing up. We got him cleaned up and put him back down to rest. While he napped Randy and I went for a run. When we returned the nurse said he needed some more blood work. After the third time, they finally got enough blood for the test. His sodium came back low so we are now watching DDAVP medicine, this is for his Diabetes Insipidus. They will be checking his blood again tomorrow. After they got his blood drawn, we decided to walk Cooper in his wheel chair. This was cut short due to him throwing up again. This time he threw up his feeding tube. The nurse removed it and called the doctor. We got Cooper cleaned up and then were told they had to put the feeding tube back in. This time it took a while. It wouldn't go down the first time, but she got it in the second time. However, there was no fluid return so we had to get an x-ray. While waiting on the results we sang "the wheels on the bus" (Cooper's favorite song) about 50 times to calm him down.  This was the only thing that worked. The x-ray showed it was in his stomach but was forming a "C" shape. So, she had to pull it out a little to stop the curling. Once all this was over, Cooper got his medicines and was ready for bed. It was after 10:00 before getting him to sleep.

 He has been such a tough little guy through all of this. It's so hard watching everything he has to go through. We are asking for extra prayers tonight to help our sweet baby boy get better!

Cooper showing off his "Party Animal" shirt, Happy New Year!


He is getting so much better at pushing himself in his chair.

 
Cooper showing me his mouth!

 
Mommy's Fav of the Day: I LOVE this picture! It makes me laugh. He was making so many funny faces. Glad I got this one.

 
Aww...Look how sweet!

 
Brushing his teeth

 
Brushing his hair


6 comments:

  1. So sorry our little man had another rough day. I'll pray extra hard for him. His pictures are so cute. He's such a stinker, even after all he's gone and is going through. The picture of him showing you his mouth, looks like he's thinking about something very serious! Cooper Jewell, I love you to the moon and back...and more! Love, Hugs & Prayers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I Love this little guy so much; love you and Randy too Jessica.. I get teary eyed just looking at his pics but then I smile as well.. Love all those expressions, especially your favorite of the day..So glad Randy is there with you and Cooper; it has to be so hard for both of you watching him go through so much..But, I know the hardest is on him being so sick and having to have all that is done to him; meaning drawing the blood and puttting the feeding tube in.. Wow Cooper such a great job in your wheelchair; so proud of you.. Praying for a goodnight for all of you; a better day tomorrow and yes those extra prayers for him to feel better real soon.. Love from me and Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayin for your miracle to come soon Cooper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Continuing to pray for you all. Praying for healing, peace and comfort for Cooper. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for Cooper to have better days to come. Is is an AMAZING lil boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sure am praying that Trooper Cooper has a better night. He really is one amazing little boy.

    ReplyDelete