Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Wednesday: January 29, 2014

I didn't post last night due to Cooper being up until after 2:00 a.m. After fighting with him for several hours, I was ready for bed myself. He didn't rest well even though he seemed very tired. All day today he was restless, pale, and weak. His eyes are sunken in and are very dark. His blood counts were down, but thankfully not enough for a transfusion. Chemo is so hard on the body and it's heartbreaking watching him suffer through this.

Cooper had his therapies in Roanoke today. We made it to Pearisburg when he got sick and threw up everywhere. (Thanks to Chemo!). We had to turn around to trade vehicles because his car seat was soaked. After this one spell he seemed a little better.  He did great for his speech session and tried really hard for his OT, but by the time it was PT's turn Cooper was finished. She was able to get him fitted for his gate trainer. If he will use it, it will help him walk around the house independently. We hope to try to put him in it tomorrow if he feels up to it.

He ate a little better today. He ate several French fries at McDonald's. I fixed him his blueberry pancakes when we got home and he ate some of those. I fixed myself a bowl of oatmeal and he wanted some. He ate about 1/2 of my bowl. I couldn't get him to take his Carnation in milk before going to bed, so I hope he doesn't wake hungry.

Cooper driving his police car in his Spiderman PJ's
 



This boy loves the computer. He actually saved two documents and created a hyperlink! Daddy said maybe he could teach Mommy a few things!
 


 
Mommy's Fav of the Day: (yesterday) You can't really see it in this picture, but Cooper is standing up without holding on to anything! He did this for about two minutes!
 
 
Cooper enjoying some French fries from McDonalds!

 
 Mommy's Fav of the Day: (today) I just love that little grin!
 

Cooper drinking from a Mason jar, Country Boy!
 


2 comments:

  1. Hope our little man does rest better tonight and feels better tomorrow. It is very hard to see him suffering so. He does not deserve it, and no young child does. But I know there's a reason. I keep telling myself "Keep Faith & Trust God". Cooper is a very smart young man. He'll be a computer whiz by the time he's two, if not already. I'm so proud of Cooper and all of his accomplishments. Love, Hugs & Prayers

    ReplyDelete