Monday, January 20, 2014

Monday: January 20, 2014

With the exception of our house being very unorganized and Mommy and Daddy being extremely tired, things are slowly starting to get back to normal. Cooper slept great last night: 8:30 - 8:30, waking only once at 6:30. Luckily he was able to put himself back to sleep. He had a much better day drinking his fluids and eating. He has played on his own so much and has been very happy all day.

When Randy and I found out we were expecting, we agreed that we would not allow our children to drink juices, soda, or tea, or eat sweets or junk food. What did we feed our son for dinner tonight? Chocolate pudding and Ben and Jerry's Coffee Coffee Buzz Buzz Buzz Ice Cream! I can't believe I just put that in writing! It was the only thing he would eat. For some reason he is really on a coffee kick. We do think Chemo has messed with his taste buds. For breakfast almost everyday Cooper would eat blueberry pancakes. I gave him one Saturday when we returned home. He smelled it and got so excited. But when he put it in his mouth he looked at me like, "what are you feeding me," snarled his nose and spit it out. I feel so bad for him. I wish I could find something he would enjoy eating.

You can tell I have a boy. Cooper thought it was hilarious to knock over his tool bench and mailbox with his police car! I told him if he was going to treat his toys like that I was going to take them away. He just looked at me, shook his head, and said, "NO." 

 
Jelly mustache


 
Mommy's Fav of the Day: They are still inseparable!


 
This is Daddy's Christmas gift from Mommy and Cooper. Cooper loves being carried around in it! Can't wait to take him for a hike.




2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy that the 3 of you are at home and that things are heading back to the "normal" state. Good to hear that Cooper drank a little better today. Give that boy whatever to eat and drink as long as he eats and drinks it. Maybe when he gets a break from chemo he will start eating a little better. Sure hope so. Love that jelly face. Cooper is too stinking cute. Love, Hugs & Prayers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you ever try the Ensure for him? He sounds like he's improving everyday. I'm glad to here all 3 of you got a good nights rest. Praying things continue to improve.

    ReplyDelete